We here at IB want everyone to have a great time. We want to you participate, tell us your thoughts–even if you disagree with ours–give us insight, correct us if we’re wrong (if you can do that without being a snot), and have excellent discourse. By commenting on this blog, you agree to the terms of our entire comment policy, past, present, or future, because this is our space and
we will rule it with an iron fist we just want everyone to have fun!
What we don’t want:
- any kind of racism, sexism, homophobia, or any other kind of -ism or phobia that makes you act like an asshole toward others.
- ad hominem attacks, especially when you’re only doing it because you’re wrong and you can’t win an argument that you’ve gotten yourself into.
- off-color jokes that are directed toward specific people or types of people and are more you being a jerk than you being genuinely funny.
- petty arguments, bitching, flame wars, or general rudeness–if you disagree with someone, there’s a respectful and a disrespectful way to address that. Use the respectful way.
- you piggybacking on our blog by spamming your links all over the place. Link when the link is relevant only, or we will remove it.
- you advertising on our blog by posting your book titles and latest publications all over our blog. The comments section is not for advertising unless we specifically call for you to post such things. We will remove all advertisement attempts; even if you try to work it into a “relevant” context, I’m not an idiot–I’ll figure it out.
- you creating a pingback that is just our link and a totally irrelevant post.
- you being a dick.
The consequences for breaking the comment policy can include:
- having parts of your comment deleted.
- having your entire comment deleted.
- having your comment creatively edited to say things like “I smell funny” or “I like to lick frogs”–or worse.
- being permanently banned from commenting here.
Consequences for posting incredible comments may or may not include winning comment awards, to be granted solely by the booksluts. Any attempt to sneak in your own fake comment award will receive some kind of retribution. (We’ll probably just delete it.) Comment awards that you make yourself and want to award to other people are perfectly acceptable.
This comment policy can change at any time at the discretion of the booksluts. We have the technology.