Did you recently love, or hate, a book, movie, album, or TV show? Do you feel a burning desire deep in your gut to tell the world exactly how much you did or did not like this thing that you did or did not like? If so, we would love to hear from you.
Insatiable Booksluts is now accepting submissions of reviews. Guidelines:
- Posts should be fairly correctly formatted (ie, that you look how we do book reviews, and use our format to the best of your ability). Look at the most recent posts to see current formats. If you’re unsure how to do it, we’re glad to help!
- Your post should have gone through a couple of drafts before sending it off to us. We work really hard on our own content, editing-wise, and want to publish content that meets the standards we have set for ourselves.
- Reviews should fall between 400 and 900 words.
- All arguments need to be supported with evidence from a reliable source or to be clearly labeled as opinion.
- We expect that, in reviewing a work, you have no connection to the work itself. That means you didn’t create it, that your friend or girlfriend or mom didn’t create it, and that you have in no way received any kind of financial compensation to work on the piece or promote it. We will be checking into this and we will be mightily pissed at submissions that try to circumvent this guideline.
- That all submitting writers will be A-OK with their post receiving further editing as needed.
- That all submitting writers will understand that our site is a labor of love and scheduling may not happen immediately.
If you use images, please make sure that you have permission to use them/they are attributed according to the license. By submitting images with your post, you take full responsibility of the content and the image license. If I am asked to take them down, I will.
At this time, we can’t pay writers for submissions. This is not because we’re cheap, it’s because we’re poor. If you want to write as a labor of love, and you dig our site, and you want to have content on our site, then you’re in the right place.
How to submit:
–Send us a Google Doc or share it with submissions/at/insatiablebooksluts.com.
–Use the contact form below. Please fill out all of your information to the best of your ability. If you want to post under a pseudonym, that’s totally fine, but we take no responsibility if you send us something that you shouldn’t be submitting to have posted. Someone will get back with you as soon as possible; again, since this is a labor of love and not our full-time jobs, this may take some time. Thanks for your patience.
We will email you when a decision is made about your post.
Note: If you need to paste in your post with HTML formatting and you’re not too sure of how to do HTML, this is easy if you use WordPress already. Write a post draft in your WordPress account the way you usually would, formatted how you want it, then click over to the “text” tab on the upper right corner of the WordPress post editor. Copy and paste from that tab, and your formatting should be preserved.